It is our goal to make the Android Community Release System the bible
of Android releases for ROM updates on any Android device. We
have a lot of plans for the future and intend to add more themes,
application, modifications and anything else that will enhance the
functionality of your device.
If you haven't already signed up for a Community Release account, go to the registration page and
reserve your username now. Developers who already
have an established name within the community will take priority over regular
user accounts, so please take this into consideration when you apply for
View the latest
Community Release Changelog to find out what's new and what may be
coming. You'll also find our
support forums at the same location for any issues you may find, and
as this is a big release, Your probably going to find some.
I believe that our Sensation can do a lot more / be a lot faster / and therefore we can be more productive than with the Sense ROMs. I also like to customize my own apps in a given ROM, so any simple/minimalistic ROM is a plus for me.
I therefore present to all who like this approach my very own HyperSensation ROM release, based on the latest CM7 build.
Screenshots (from v0.4+)
- Download links, changelog and addons and extras in post #2 - Extras and other links (ie. kernel, addons, etc) in post#3 - FAQ and themes in post #4
What you get: - Simple, minimalistic ROM to be a good base for your everyday needs (those who like every app to be in there "out-of-the-box" should steer clear) - Speed tweaks to make the CM7 base even faster and more responsive - Tweaks to make battery life even better - Tweaks to included apps (camera, mail, etc) to make the experince even more whole - 720p video recording used instead of 1080p so that the camera does not FC - GApps included so you do not have to install afterwards (Maps and Talk removed, but you can install through the Market) - Custom minimalistic theme - partly from HyperDroid for HD2 and partly my own - Stock CM kernel, so you can flash whichever kernel you want (refer to post #3) - Always updated base to keep your flashing appetite full
You will find two branches, F (full version) and M (minimalistic version):
Full version: - ADW Launcher (stock CM7) - Email (stock CM7) - Keyboard with predictive text (stock SM7) - TTS service installed
Minimalistic version: - Launcher Pro - K9 Mail - Keyboard without predictive text
All other addons/tweaks are exactly the same in the two branches, its just a matter of personal taste
Battery usage with my ROM: - Standby: 1% per hour - Light use (some calls, internet, BT): 2% per hour!
My current setup: - Google sync enabled, K9 Mail running with 1 hour interval checks - Auto backlight, 30 second screen timeout - faux AOSP kernel 0.2.3 beta 8, -75mV, 1.08 Ghz max / 384 Mhz min clock - 2G only + Wifi enabled at home - In the car bluetooth is always on and connected
Credits: - thanks to droidyou for the FTP to host my files - thanks to persiansown for the Sensation CM builds! - thanks to Pongster for the whole idea of creating a minimalistic yet usable build, I used to run his HyperDroidGBX when I still had my HD2... - thanks to nitr8 and insanity ROM (SGS2) for the ideas and a couple of icons/theme images - thanks to ljankok for the friendship in cooking - thanks to vladnosferatu for the tweaks - thanks to crypted for the AGPS patch - thanks to septix for the excellent banners!!!
Thanks to the following for contributing: mils69, -Punisher-, woundtrauma
HyperSensation v0.8F and v0.8M changelog, released 2011.11.07. This is an update! If you are coming from v0.7, just clear cache and Dalvik cache and install. No need for a superwipe.
- Updated Market to latest stable 3.3.11 - Added back in all fonts, for full character compatibility - Tweaked colors (reverted to black-white-grey) and icons, thanks to Splder - Added sqlite3 optimizations in init.d (faster database read/writes) - Added script to set GPU IO fraction to 50 (thanks to apex84 and faux) (better performance) - Updated K9 Mail to latest version
HyperSensation v0.8F: Download HERE (dedicated server) 4C11B8778F9226ECFF76E31D49D51069
HyperSensation v0.8M (minimalistic version): Download HERE (dedicated server) 890F7BA872C9C8A41E20760F96381618
HyperSensation v0.7F and v0.7M changelog, released 2011.11.02.
- Updated base build to CM7 alpha 10 - Updated font to Roboto (ICS) - full character support, including German - Removed large font files (Far eastern, fallback, etc) - if you need them, you will find them in the Addons sectionof post #3 - Market reverted to 3.1.6 (latest stable release) for 100% compatibility - Fixed issue in Market where you could not buy any apps - Updated K9 Mail (v0.7M) - Themeing: buttons look a lot nicer (thanks to Splder), icon refinements and additions, added in blue here-and there (goes well with the background) - Cleaned the ROM even more
HyperSensation v0.6F and v0.6M changelog, released 2011.10.27.
- Fixed Market bug, now all apps are seen when searched for - 720p video recording video and audio quality increased drastically - Updated Market to ICS Market (3.2.0) - Updated Superuser to 3.0.6 - Updated K9 Mail to latest version (v0.6M) - Updated font to Segoe UI - better readability - Updated support fonts for readability of Far Eastern characters (Thai, Chinese, etc) - ICS Minimalistic theme implementation - (buttons are not so grey, divider line deleted, etc) - its minor cosmetic changes for now...
HyperSensation v0.4F and v0.4M changelog, released 2011.10.18.
- Switched back to stock AOSP fonts for full character compatibility - Added automatic zipalign on every boot (checks if all your apps are zipaligned and if not, it does it for you!) - thanks to doctorcete - New deep blue default wallpaper (native qHD resolution, not streched like other CM wallpapers) - White progressbar added in (finally!) - Removed blue icons on lockscreen and replaced with white - Reverted to Market 3.1.5 (stock CM), will hopefully solve all bugs related to the Market - Added extra fast/smooth init.d scripts (thanks goes to knzo) - Tweaked build.prop even more - Deleted Dev Tools - Deleted Google Talk (you`ll probably use Google+ anyways...) - TTS Service working now (Only v0.4F)
Tweaked theme for a professional look (framework-res, systemui and phone) - more tweaks will follow - White overscroll effect - Removed (hopefully) all green and replaced with white (except bluetooth during call, where things are still blue to be unique) - Check post #1 screenshots to see what it looks like - Theme chooser and manager added back in (on request) - TTS Service added back in (on request)
Tweaked theme for a professional look (framework-res, systemui and phone) - more tweaks will follow - White overscroll effect - Removed (hopefully) all green and replaced with white (except bluetooth during call, where things are still blue to be unique) - Check post #1 screenshots to see what it looks like
HyperSensation v0.2 (70Mb), 396 downloads
- Added GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk, on request - Updated AGPS patch to v2.2 - Added back full LatinIME for working predictive texting
- Changed the default launcher to LauncherPro - Removed default email client - Added K9 Mail as email client - Updated AGPS patch to v2.2
HyperSensation v0.1, released 2011.10.14. Before first install, be sure to do a full wipe!
Changes: - Based on CM7.1 alpha8 (base 2.3.7) - Removed a lot of apps, you can install them from the market (Google Maps, themes, wallpapers, etc) - Removed dictionaries from LatinIME (600Kb instead of 11Mb!, remember to disable predictive text, otherwise you will get FC`s) - Tweaks implemented from vladnosferatu - Tweaked camera app for no jpg compression, pictures are now around 4-5Mb! - Tweaked camcorder to capture in 720p instead of 1080p, I have not had one single FC yet... - Added new fonts for better readability - Added AGPS patch by crypted - Added hosts file - Added Nexus Prime boot animation by mexxxico - Added Google Apps to the CM base - Updated Market to 3.2 (ICS compatible) __________________ HTC Sensation ROM: my own HyperSensation ROM-CM7.1 Kernel: faux AOSP 0.2.3